Whole Foods appears to be the latest addition to the Mayfair Collection project under construction at the Burleigh Triangle, north of Burleigh Road at about 115th Street.
Developer Tim Blum described the new tenant as an "organic grocer" Tuesday night at a Community Development Committee meeting, but planning documents show it to be Whole Foods. It would be part of the second phase of the project, along with a hotel, four restaurants, and a new city fire station. Construction on that part of the project would begin in a few months.
Phase I is expected to be complete in April. Blum said the first part of the project is 80 percent leased, or nearly so. Some of the tenants include Dick's Sporting Goods, Sak's Fifth Avenue off Fifth, Old Navy, Ulta and Nordstrom Rack.
The project, when complete, will have some resemblance to Bayshore Mall, Blum said, although plans show the parking to be more centralized and the layout more pedestrian friendly. Committee members praised the project as appearing in rendering to be a "little city," as Alderman Joel Tilleson said.
The massive project, designed to complement the retail offerings at Mayfair Mall, has been years in the planning. Dozens of acres of abandoned industrial space is quickly being transformed. As the first phase nears completion, "we think we finally have created the there there," Blum said.
"I think it kind of shifts where Tosa is and where the big things are," Alderman Craig Wilson said.
The committee unanimously approved final plans for Phase II, and amendments to the first phase.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4