Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What's happening to the former pediatric clinic on 84th Street?
Issue: A reader wants to know about the building undergoing renovations at 949 N. Glenview Ave., next door to Gracious Catering.
Status: The building is being transformed into the new law offices of Schmidlkofer, Toth and Loeb, LLC. Kevin Wahlgren, owner of design-builder Wahlgren and Schwenn, said the project began last August and involved gutting the structure.
"Everything needed to be torn out of there with just the outer structure remaining," Wahlgren said. "The building had not been renovated in the past 40 years."
Building out the 5,500-square-foot interior on two floors from scratch will allow for optimal office and meeting space as well as the latest technology, said Mark Toth, a law firm principal and city resident.
"We are looking forward to getting into our new offices," Toth said. "Our current offices are on Mayfair Road and some people have trouble getting there because of the traffic. Parking will also be an improvement. We want to be part of the community, even though we also serve people outside the immediate area."
Toth said he expects the Glenview office construction will be completed within the next two months.
Schmidlkofer, Toth & Loeb is a general practice firm providing legal counsel in a variety of practice areas including family law, criminal law, estates and trusts, business and transactions, and real estate, according to the firm's website.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will 92nd Street north of Capitol be repaved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city enforce parking-in-driveway violations by commercial vehicles?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done to the Hoyt Park pedestrian bridge?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are the new lights going in LEDs?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is there a partial brick alley between 102nd and 103rd streets?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is Jennings Park and why does it have a sign?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the building proposed for 2100 N. Mayfair Road ever get under way?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Bluemound Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why won't the city collect trash if a car is parked on the street in front of it?