Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What's happening to the former pediatric clinic on 84th Street?
Issue: A reader wants to know about the building undergoing renovations at 949 N. Glenview Ave., next door to Gracious Catering.
Status: The building is being transformed into the new law offices of Schmidlkofer, Toth and Loeb, LLC. Kevin Wahlgren, owner of design-builder Wahlgren and Schwenn, said the project began last August and involved gutting the structure.
"Everything needed to be torn out of there with just the outer structure remaining," Wahlgren said. "The building had not been renovated in the past 40 years."
Building out the 5,500-square-foot interior on two floors from scratch will allow for optimal office and meeting space as well as the latest technology, said Mark Toth, a law firm principal and city resident.
"We are looking forward to getting into our new offices," Toth said. "Our current offices are on Mayfair Road and some people have trouble getting there because of the traffic. Parking will also be an improvement. We want to be part of the community, even though we also serve people outside the immediate area."
Toth said he expects the Glenview office construction will be completed within the next two months.
Schmidlkofer, Toth & Loeb is a general practice firm providing legal counsel in a variety of practice areas including family law, criminal law, estates and trusts, business and transactions, and real estate, according to the firm's website.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?
- Ask NOW: Are local LED lights in signs regulated?
- Ask NOW: Why aren't there turn signals at intersection of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee?