Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What's happening to the former pediatric clinic on 84th Street?
Issue: A reader wants to know about the building undergoing renovations at 949 N. Glenview Ave., next door to Gracious Catering.
Status: The building is being transformed into the new law offices of Schmidlkofer, Toth and Loeb, LLC. Kevin Wahlgren, owner of design-builder Wahlgren and Schwenn, said the project began last August and involved gutting the structure.
"Everything needed to be torn out of there with just the outer structure remaining," Wahlgren said. "The building had not been renovated in the past 40 years."
Building out the 5,500-square-foot interior on two floors from scratch will allow for optimal office and meeting space as well as the latest technology, said Mark Toth, a law firm principal and city resident.
"We are looking forward to getting into our new offices," Toth said. "Our current offices are on Mayfair Road and some people have trouble getting there because of the traffic. Parking will also be an improvement. We want to be part of the community, even though we also serve people outside the immediate area."
Toth said he expects the Glenview office construction will be completed within the next two months.
Schmidlkofer, Toth & Loeb is a general practice firm providing legal counsel in a variety of practice areas including family law, criminal law, estates and trusts, business and transactions, and real estate, according to the firm's website.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why is Underwood Creek bright green?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to the traffic light at Harwood and Glenview avenues?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are some right lanes striped?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why aren't my neighborhood's trees being trimmed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can Tosa Presbyterian put a "Do Not Enter" sign in the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the gym floors at Longellow and Tosa East in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's under that red tent on Burleigh Road?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is Tosa's ZIP Code 53226 linked to Milwaukee?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's the status of the church for sale on 70th Street?