Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What's happening to the former pediatric clinic on 84th Street?
Issue: A reader wants to know about the building undergoing renovations at 949 N. Glenview Ave., next door to Gracious Catering.
Status: The building is being transformed into the new law offices of Schmidlkofer, Toth and Loeb, LLC. Kevin Wahlgren, owner of design-builder Wahlgren and Schwenn, said the project began last August and involved gutting the structure.
"Everything needed to be torn out of there with just the outer structure remaining," Wahlgren said. "The building had not been renovated in the past 40 years."
Building out the 5,500-square-foot interior on two floors from scratch will allow for optimal office and meeting space as well as the latest technology, said Mark Toth, a law firm principal and city resident.
"We are looking forward to getting into our new offices," Toth said. "Our current offices are on Mayfair Road and some people have trouble getting there because of the traffic. Parking will also be an improvement. We want to be part of the community, even though we also serve people outside the immediate area."
Toth said he expects the Glenview office construction will be completed within the next two months.
Schmidlkofer, Toth & Loeb is a general practice firm providing legal counsel in a variety of practice areas including family law, criminal law, estates and trusts, business and transactions, and real estate, according to the firm's website.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?
- Ask NOW: What is the sign in the median at 124th and Burleigh?
- Ask NOW: What does the historical society do with donated items?
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Ask NOW: Why is there always a police car on 68th near Bluemound?
- Ask NOW: Is the daycare at 73rd and Center going to reopen?
- Ask NOW: What constitutes a clear walkway?
- Ask NOW: Are repairs on tap for 60th Street?
- Ask NOW: Why isn't the wall at the Greenfield Ave. bridge finished?
- Ask NOW: Why are there only turn lanes at Highway 100 and Potter Road/Research Drive?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a cul de sac at Capitol and Lisbon?
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Ask NOW: Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
- Ask NOW: What is the story behind vacant Colony Camera building in Wauwatosa?
- Ask NOW: Will 68th and Milwaukee ever get stoplights?
- Ask NOW: Should Tosans be concerned about coyotes?