Last-day filing has three new candidates seeking seats on the Wauwatosa School Board.
Kristy Casey, who has served on the district's STEM School governing board, is running unopposed for Seat 5, held by Tom Jarosz, who is not seeking re-election. Casey interviewed in May for the seat left open by the resignation of the late Lois Weber. Carmela Rio was chosen to fill Weber's unexpired term.
Two candidates are seeking election to Seat 7, now held by Rios, who also is not seeking re-election. Brian Bawden, a retired teacher, will vie with Michael Huitink, another interviewee for the Weber seat.
Incumbents seeking re-election — Mary Jo Randall in Seat 4 and Sharon Muehlfeld in Seat 6 — are running unopposed.
Tuesday was the deadline for filing candidacy papers. The election will be held April 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (7)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8