Last-day filing has three new candidates seeking seats on the Wauwatosa School Board.
Kristy Casey, who has served on the district's STEM School governing board, is running unopposed for Seat 5, held by Tom Jarosz, who is not seeking re-election. Casey interviewed in May for the seat left open by the resignation of the late Lois Weber. Carmela Rio was chosen to fill Weber's unexpired term.
Two candidates are seeking election to Seat 7, now held by Rios, who also is not seeking re-election. Brian Bawden, a retired teacher, will vie with Michael Huitink, another interviewee for the Weber seat.
Incumbents seeking re-election — Mary Jo Randall in Seat 4 and Sharon Muehlfeld in Seat 6 — are running unopposed.
Tuesday was the deadline for filing candidacy papers. The election will be held April 1.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23