Last-day filing has three new candidates seeking seats on the Wauwatosa School Board.
Kristy Casey, who has served on the district's STEM School governing board, is running unopposed for Seat 5, held by Tom Jarosz, who is not seeking re-election. Casey interviewed in May for the seat left open by the resignation of the late Lois Weber. Carmela Rio was chosen to fill Weber's unexpired term.
Two candidates are seeking election to Seat 7, now held by Rios, who also is not seeking re-election. Brian Bawden, a retired teacher, will vie with Michael Huitink, another interviewee for the Weber seat.
Incumbents seeking re-election — Mary Jo Randall in Seat 4 and Sharon Muehlfeld in Seat 6 — are running unopposed.
Tuesday was the deadline for filing candidacy papers. The election will be held April 1.
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)