Last-day filing has three new candidates seeking seats on the Wauwatosa School Board.
Kristy Casey, who has served on the district's STEM School governing board, is running unopposed for Seat 5, held by Tom Jarosz, who is not seeking re-election. Casey interviewed in May for the seat left open by the resignation of the late Lois Weber. Carmela Rio was chosen to fill Weber's unexpired term.
Two candidates are seeking election to Seat 7, now held by Rios, who also is not seeking re-election. Brian Bawden, a retired teacher, will vie with Michael Huitink, another interviewee for the Weber seat.
Incumbents seeking re-election — Mary Jo Randall in Seat 4 and Sharon Muehlfeld in Seat 6 — are running unopposed.
Tuesday was the deadline for filing candidacy papers. The election will be held April 1.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair
- First Responders Fest "humbling" for Wauwatosa's emergency crew leaders