A plumber fought for his tools and, as a result, was dragged by a vehicle through the Home Depot parking lot.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The plumber was leaving the store at 4100 N. 124th St. at 12:29 p.m. Dec. 4, when he noticed people moving tools from his work van into another van. He ran up to the van, grabbed its driver by the sweatshirt and tried pulling himself in.
The man drove off, fighting the plumber off and pushing him out of the seat. The plumber kept pace with the van and opened the sliding door. There he saw a woman laying in the van, who screamed at him to get out and kicked him out of the van.
He was dragged 30 feet through the parking lot before falling over.
Three tools and two buckets of scrap were taken, amounting to an estimated loss of between $1,110 and $1,120.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000