Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
Issue: A reader wrote to say he heard a rumor that The Container Store will be part of The Mayfair Collection project on Burleigh Street just east of Highway 45. He wants to know why there has been no official announcement of the store's move to the site. "Any chance you could find out if it is indeed heading to Wauwatosa?" he asked.
Status: A call to the development company produced no confirmed positive news.
Brenton Schroeder, marketing director for developer HAS, said, "I will say that name (The Container Store) has been floated out there a number of times. So far, we have a number of tenants, but that is not one of them."
Schroeder said tenants scheduled to move to the center include previously reported Dick's Sporting Goods, Ulta, Nordstrom Rack, Sak's OFF 5th, Old Navy, Torrid and Carter's. He expects the stores to have soft openings in April, with a grand opening possible in May.
He also said the next set of store announcements may be made soon.
However, he would not confirm whether The Container Store will be part of that group.
"I can only report what I'm told is official," he said.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?