Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
Issue: A reader wrote to say he heard a rumor that The Container Store will be part of The Mayfair Collection project on Burleigh Street just east of Highway 45. He wants to know why there has been no official announcement of the store's move to the site. "Any chance you could find out if it is indeed heading to Wauwatosa?" he asked.
Status: A call to the development company produced no confirmed positive news.
Brenton Schroeder, marketing director for developer HAS, said, "I will say that name (The Container Store) has been floated out there a number of times. So far, we have a number of tenants, but that is not one of them."
Schroeder said tenants scheduled to move to the center include previously reported Dick's Sporting Goods, Ulta, Nordstrom Rack, Sak's OFF 5th, Old Navy, Torrid and Carter's. He expects the stores to have soft openings in April, with a grand opening possible in May.
He also said the next set of store announcements may be made soon.
However, he would not confirm whether The Container Store will be part of that group.
"I can only report what I'm told is official," he said.
Submit your question by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: Who's responsible for the corner east of Mo's Irish Pub?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are there plans to improve the traffic signals at 68th and Wells streets?
- Ask Now: Why is pedestrian crossway on Mayfair Road at Menomonee River Parkway in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was Wauwatosa's official trick-or-treat almost a week ahead of Halloween?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why the short green light for northbound drivers on 116th Street at North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are U-turns at stoplights still illegal?
- Ask Now: Why are some streets covered with gravel?
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why is Underwood Creek bright green?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to the traffic light at Harwood and Glenview avenues?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?