Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
Issue: A reader wrote to say he heard a rumor that The Container Store will be part of The Mayfair Collection project on Burleigh Street just east of Highway 45. He wants to know why there has been no official announcement of the store's move to the site. "Any chance you could find out if it is indeed heading to Wauwatosa?" he asked.
Status: A call to the development company produced no confirmed positive news.
Brenton Schroeder, marketing director for developer HAS, said, "I will say that name (The Container Store) has been floated out there a number of times. So far, we have a number of tenants, but that is not one of them."
Schroeder said tenants scheduled to move to the center include previously reported Dick's Sporting Goods, Ulta, Nordstrom Rack, Sak's OFF 5th, Old Navy, Torrid and Carter's. He expects the stores to have soft openings in April, with a grand opening possible in May.
He also said the next set of store announcements may be made soon.
However, he would not confirm whether The Container Store will be part of that group.
"I can only report what I'm told is official," he said.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Ask NOW: Why is there always a police car on 68th near Bluemound?
- Ask NOW: Is the daycare at 73rd and Center going to reopen?
- Ask NOW: What constitutes a clear walkway?
- Ask NOW: Are repairs on tap for 60th Street?
- Ask NOW: Why isn't the wall at the Greenfield Ave. bridge finished?
- Ask NOW: Building once housed pediatric clinic, soon to be home to law firm
- Ask NOW: Why are there only turn lanes at Highway 100 and Potter Road/Research Drive?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a cul de sac at Capitol and Lisbon?
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Ask NOW: What is the story behind vacant Colony Camera building in Wauwatosa?
- Ask NOW: Will 68th and Milwaukee ever get stoplights?
- Ask NOW: Should Tosans be concerned about coyotes?
- Ask NOW: Why is the main North Avenue entrance to Mayfair Mall closed?
- Ask NOW: Why did someone tear down a house near Wauwatosa East High School?
- Ask NOW: When will the house near 76th and Wright streets be completed?
- Ask NOW: How does the city decide which sidewalk squares to replace?
- Ask NOW: When will the city provide more off-street parking for North Avenue?
- Ask NOW: Will the Watertown Plank Road reconstruction project include converting the coal plant?