Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What is going to happen to the property that had been occupied by Colony Camera?
Issue: A reader pointed out that the camera store at 8807 W. North Ave. has been closed for several years. She said it was "sad," because it was a helpful store. "How are the owners able to continue to hold on to the building and land without any business?" she wondered. "Are they ever going to consider selling?"
Status: The answer to the first question remains a mystery since the owner, recorded with the city as Christine Whitstone, did not answer her business phone. A outgoing voicemail message asks for a name and message from those interested in the business or its contents and ends with, "We'll try to get back to you."
The camera shop and adjoining property at 2289 Lundquist Ave., which has been a physician office and residence, is listed in the Colony Camera window as for sale for $899,000 "as is."
Wauwatosa Director of Development Paulette Enders said about six to 10 inquiries regarding the property have come to her department over the past two years. The city works to connect potential buyers with business property owners. The city also offers special financing.
"Typically, you never like to see a vacant business along a business district," Enders said. "It creates a gap in the retail trade."
Colony Camera's telephone number is (414) 258-9770.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: What is happening with developments near the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street?
- Ask Now: Doesn't a residential swimming pool need to be fenced?
- Ask Now: Why is the city fixing sidewalks with asphalt?
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Ask Now: Is the size and placement of political signs regulated?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is construction on Mayfair Road taking so long?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?