Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the city — like playground equipment or a pothole — that needs to be fixed? Rick Romano answers some of the mysteries of life in Wauwatosa and helps solve everyday problems.
What is going to happen to the property that had been occupied by Colony Camera?
Issue: A reader pointed out that the camera store at 8807 W. North Ave. has been closed for several years. She said it was "sad," because it was a helpful store. "How are the owners able to continue to hold on to the building and land without any business?" she wondered. "Are they ever going to consider selling?"
Status: The answer to the first question remains a mystery since the owner, recorded with the city as Christine Whitstone, did not answer her business phone. A outgoing voicemail message asks for a name and message from those interested in the business or its contents and ends with, "We'll try to get back to you."
The camera shop and adjoining property at 2289 Lundquist Ave., which has been a physician office and residence, is listed in the Colony Camera window as for sale for $899,000 "as is."
Wauwatosa Director of Development Paulette Enders said about six to 10 inquiries regarding the property have come to her department over the past two years. The city works to connect potential buyers with business property owners. The city also offers special financing.
"Typically, you never like to see a vacant business along a business district," Enders said. "It creates a gap in the retail trade."
Colony Camera's telephone number is (414) 258-9770.
Submit your question by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the work under way at North Avenue and Highway 45/41?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What are the legal requirements of a fire pit?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city act when a building needs a new paint job?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the school district paid for the cell tower at Whitman Middle School?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Who regulates lawn care companies?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was a home on the parkway razed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will 92nd Street north of Capitol be repaved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Does the city enforce parking-in-driveway violations by commercial vehicles?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What types of pavers will be used in the new village streetscaping project?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will a sound barrier be built along the freeway near Center Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What was the strong odor in the Village on March 10?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are city trees being trimmed so dramatically?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why were the center stripes on the Menomonee Parkway moved?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are anti-theft devices for cars worthwhile?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there speed bumps on the Menomonee River Parkway?