A man was arrested for possessing stolen property in Wauwatosa after police pulled him over after hearing loud radio coming from the motorcycle he was driving and checking the vehicle registration.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was driving near Highway 100 and Capitol Drive at 12:53 p.m. Aug. 27 when an officer saw a motorcycle driving with a loud radio, and ran its registration. It came back stolen.
The man was pulled over, and told the officer that a friend had bought the bike for him, but registered and insured it in her name. In October, 2012, it was stolen, and the friend filed a claim and received payment from the insurance company.
He said he later saw someone riding his bike, struck the person and took the bike back. He said he never reported that he had found the bike or let his friend know.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94