1A woman reported a canceled license plate stolen from her garage in the 2400 block of North 60th Street before July 11.
2A bicycle worth $600 was stolen from a garage in the 2100 block of North 64th Street between noon and 2 p.m. Aug. 2.
· Someone tried to defraud a woman twice through failed attempts at opening and using Banana Republic and Discover credit cards between 5 p.m. July 31 and noon Aug. 4.
3A wallet containing credit cards and $20 in cash was taken from a woman's purse while she was working at Crowne Plaza Hotel, 10499 Innovation Drive, between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Aug. 1. She received a call that her wallet was being used for an over-limit charge of $600 at Walmart, 10600 W. Layton Ave.
4A temporary license plate was stolen from a vehicle at Target, 3900 N. 124th St., between 3:18 and 3:38 p.m. Aug. 1. The vehicle's owner found the words "ha ha you're a jerk" on his windshield.
5A man was arrested for open warrants after he was caught taking a $200 pair of glasses from Vision Works at Mayfair, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:52 p.m. Aug. 1.
· A man called police after a motorcycle company in San Diego sent him a letter saying he owed them $283 at 4:39 p.m. Aug. 1. His social security number was used to open a business account and the business said it was a filing error.
6Electronics were taken from a room at Extended Stay America, 11121 W. North Ave., between 8 a.m. Aug. 2 and 12:01 a.m. Aug. 3. A laptop computer and a tablet were taken, resulting in a total loss of $800.
7A man was arrested for retail theft and bail jumping after he took $193 worth of glasses and clothing from Kmart, 3201 N. Mayfair Road, at 11:33 a.m. Aug. 4. He had three prior arrests for retail theft.
8A man's credit card was stolen while he was shopping at O'Reilly Auto Parts, 6102 W. North Ave., at 4:18 p.m. Aug. 4. Someone picked it up after he set it on the counter and purchased two gift cards worth $300.
9A man's bicycle worth $700 was stolen while left unlocked outside Macy's at Mayfair, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, between noon and 3 p.m. Aug. 5.
· A man falsely claimed a woman's mother had won a Publishers Clearing House contest for $850,000 and she would have to pay 1 percent of the taxes to claim her prize in an attempt to take money from her at 2:11 p.m. Aug. 5. She loaded $685 onto a prepaid card, gave him the information and when he asked her to put more money on it, she realized she'd been had.
10A juvenile was arrested for underage drinking, resisting an officer and drug possession after fleeing a house party at North 73rd Street and Hillcrest Drive at 12:44 a.m. Aug. 2. The juvenile tensed up as he was being handcuffed and threw a marijuana pipe from his backpack. Another boy was arrested; their blood alcohol contents were 0.18 and 0.07.
11A man was arrested for drunken driving, sixth offense, and for two open warrants for drunken driving after an employee of Subway, 7630 W. Bluemound Road, called police due to suggestive comments he made at 7:50 p.m. Aug. 4. He said he wanted to kidnap the employee on six separate occasions. His BAC was 0.16.
12A window screen was cut and light cover smashed from a pavilion at Madison Park, 9800 W. Glendale Ave., between 3 p.m. Aug. 1 and 10:50 a.m. Aug. 2. Total damage is estimated at $100.
13A vehicle in the 7500 block of Harwood Avenue had its passenger-side mirror broken between 8 p.m. Aug. 2 and 9 a.m. Aug 3. Damage is estimated at $150.
14A woman was bitten on the elbow by a dog while she was walking in the 500 block of North 116th Avenue at 2:25 p.m. Aug. 4. The woman was taken to Wheaton Franciscan Hospital to check up on the scrapes and puncture wounds she suffered. The dog was put in quarantine.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report
- Police Report: Nov. 27
- Police Report: Nov. 21
- Police Report: Nov. 11
- Police Report: Nov. 5
- Police Report: Oct. 31
- Police Report: Oct. 24
- Police Report: Oct. 15
- Police Report: Oct. 8
- Police Report: Oct. 3
- Police Report: Sept. 26
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 19
- Police Report: Sept. 12
- Police Report: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 29
- Wauwatosa police report: Aug. 20
- Police Report: Aug. 6
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 30
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 23
- Police report: July 16