A woman trying to mend her relationship with her estranged husband smashed his girlfriend's car with a sledgehammer.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was in his kitchen in the 2400 block of Wauwatosa Avenue when he heard glass crunching sounds at 6:40 a.m. Aug. 4.
It was his wife, wielding a two-pound sledgehammer, smashing his girlfriend's car's windshield. The wife jumped in her car and sped off before he could confront her. Before she left she did $1,200 of damage, putting a 6-by-4-inch hole in the windshield, spider-webbing it completely and smashing a hole in the driver's side window.
When the estranged wife came to the station, she confessed to the hammering. She said she had been trying to work things out with her husband for a year and heard he was dating another woman.
When she drove up to his home and saw the woman's vehicle in the parking lot, she said she blacked out and started smashing windows.
She didn't know how many windows she smashed when she confessed but said she was willing to pay the woman back.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94