A homeowner in the 3000 block of North 121st Street woke up to a terrifying sight and sound: A man was outside of his bushes, pounding on his window.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowner went out to stop the man while simultaneously calling the police. He found the man wandering the street, walking up driveways and searching garbage cans.
When officers found him, the man had a gas can with him and a three-foot-long tube officers believe was used for siphoning gas. He told officers he was trying to get to a gas station that was closed at the time and in a different direction from where his truck was parked.
Officers asked him what the tube was for and he said he had it "in case any of his friends would like to help him." At his truck, officers noticed he had a marijuana pipe on the center console. They searched the truck, finding two more marijuana pipes, screens for crack pipes and .35 grams of marijuana on him. He was arrested for drug possession.
At the station, the man denied going up to anyone's window but did say he was rummaging around dumpsters for scrap metal.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service