What is happening with Currie Dog Park?
Issue: A reader asked me to confirm whether Milwaukee County Parks will expand the Currie Park Dog Exercise Area just west and south of Mayfair Road and Capitol Drive.
Status: The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area that opened in 2005 will expand from its current 2 acres by an additional 9 acres by early to mid-summer. The current area, just north of a utility building, will extend around and to the south of the structure.
Guy Smith, chief of operations at Milwaukee County Parks, said fencing is just about complete and all that needs to be finished are the installation of concrete ramps and the spreading of wood chips to complete the landscaping.
The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area is a popular destination, Smith said.
"It has been well-received, and there has been a high demand," he said. "This is the reason why we have added the space."
On a weekday afternoon last week, dog owners Danielle Gibeault of Wauwatosa and Karen Flory of Milwaukee said they look forward to the expansion as long as their canines don't stray too far in the larger space.
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email to email@example.com or visit WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why is Underwood Creek bright green?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to the traffic light at Harwood and Glenview avenues?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Ask Now: What are the hours of the Hart Park splash pad?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is it overgrown along 124th Street south of North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the apartments under construction on North Avenue so close to the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are some right lanes striped?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why aren't my neighborhood's trees being trimmed?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can Tosa Presbyterian put a "Do Not Enter" sign in the street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the gym floors at Longellow and Tosa East in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's under that red tent on Burleigh Road?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is Tosa's ZIP Code 53226 linked to Milwaukee?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?