What is happening with Currie Dog Park?
Issue: A reader asked me to confirm whether Milwaukee County Parks will expand the Currie Park Dog Exercise Area just west and south of Mayfair Road and Capitol Drive.
Status: The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area that opened in 2005 will expand from its current 2 acres by an additional 9 acres by early to mid-summer. The current area, just north of a utility building, will extend around and to the south of the structure.
Guy Smith, chief of operations at Milwaukee County Parks, said fencing is just about complete and all that needs to be finished are the installation of concrete ramps and the spreading of wood chips to complete the landscaping.
The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area is a popular destination, Smith said.
"It has been well-received, and there has been a high demand," he said. "This is the reason why we have added the space."
On a weekday afternoon last week, dog owners Danielle Gibeault of Wauwatosa and Karen Flory of Milwaukee said they look forward to the expansion as long as their canines don't stray too far in the larger space.
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's under that red tent on Burleigh Road?
- Ask Wauwatosa Now: Why is Tosa's ZIP Code 53226 linked to Milwaukee?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's the status of the church for sale on 70th Street?
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa build a sidewalk between Swan Boulevard trails and Discovery Parkway?
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?
- Ask Now: Why does the Police Department continue to publish a paper version of its newsletter?
- Ask Now: Will the city fix 68th Street between State Street and Milwaukee Avenue?
- Ask Now: Why is there snow on the sidewalk on a stretch along Potter Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will North Avenue west of Mayfair Road be fixed?
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Ask Now: When will the work be done at Highway 100 and Capitol Drive?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: How does the Peony Restaurant stay open?
- Ask Now: What is happening to the lagoon area north of Burleigh Street on the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: What does the city earn, or lose, on its recycling program?
- Ask Now: Why are North Avenue bike lanes wearing away so soon?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What happened to bank at Pick 'n Save on Mayfair Road?
- Ask Now: Who pays the taxes when a house has been torn down?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are those bird sounds being used as crosswalk signals?