What is happening with Currie Dog Park?
Issue: A reader asked me to confirm whether Milwaukee County Parks will expand the Currie Park Dog Exercise Area just west and south of Mayfair Road and Capitol Drive.
Status: The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area that opened in 2005 will expand from its current 2 acres by an additional 9 acres by early to mid-summer. The current area, just north of a utility building, will extend around and to the south of the structure.
Guy Smith, chief of operations at Milwaukee County Parks, said fencing is just about complete and all that needs to be finished are the installation of concrete ramps and the spreading of wood chips to complete the landscaping.
The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area is a popular destination, Smith said.
"It has been well-received, and there has been a high demand," he said. "This is the reason why we have added the space."
On a weekday afternoon last week, dog owners Danielle Gibeault of Wauwatosa and Karen Flory of Milwaukee said they look forward to the expansion as long as their canines don't stray too far in the larger space.
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is Jennings Park and why does it have a sign?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the building proposed for 2100 N. Mayfair Road ever get under way?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Bluemound Road?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why won't the city collect trash if a car is parked on the street in front of it?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will there be more caution signs at Martha Washington Drive and Milwaukee Street?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are new streetlights being placed because of coyote sightings?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is the zoo building a new entrance?
- Ask Now: Why did we hear so much gunfire from the Wauwatosa Police Department in the fall?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park?
- Ask Now: Who's responsible for the corner east of Mo's Irish Pub?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Are there plans to improve the traffic signals at 68th and Wells streets?
- Ask Now: Why is pedestrian crossway on Mayfair Road at Menomonee River Parkway in such bad shape?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why was Wauwatosa's official trick-or-treat almost a week ahead of Halloween?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why the short green light for northbound drivers on 116th Street at North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What's up with the building at 7954 Harwood Ave.?
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Do bicyclists have the same right-of-way as a pedestrian in a crosswalk?
- Ask Now: What's the big green box at 104th Street and Wisconsin Avenue?