What is happening with Currie Dog Park?
Issue: A reader asked me to confirm whether Milwaukee County Parks will expand the Currie Park Dog Exercise Area just west and south of Mayfair Road and Capitol Drive.
Status: The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area that opened in 2005 will expand from its current 2 acres by an additional 9 acres by early to mid-summer. The current area, just north of a utility building, will extend around and to the south of the structure.
Guy Smith, chief of operations at Milwaukee County Parks, said fencing is just about complete and all that needs to be finished are the installation of concrete ramps and the spreading of wood chips to complete the landscaping.
The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area is a popular destination, Smith said.
"It has been well-received, and there has been a high demand," he said. "This is the reason why we have added the space."
On a weekday afternoon last week, dog owners Danielle Gibeault of Wauwatosa and Karen Flory of Milwaukee said they look forward to the expansion as long as their canines don't stray too far in the larger space.
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are the basins in the County Ground never filled with water?
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Ask Now: Why is Pocket Park in such tough shape?
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?
- Ask NOW: Are local LED lights in signs regulated?
- Ask NOW: Why aren't there turn signals at intersection of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee?
- Ask NOW: Will the abandoned car lots on Burleigh and 112th be developed?
- Ask NOW: When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?
- Ask NOW: What is the sign in the median at 124th and Burleigh?
- Ask NOW: What does the historical society do with donated items?
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?