What is happening with Currie Dog Park?
Issue: A reader asked me to confirm whether Milwaukee County Parks will expand the Currie Park Dog Exercise Area just west and south of Mayfair Road and Capitol Drive.
Status: The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area that opened in 2005 will expand from its current 2 acres by an additional 9 acres by early to mid-summer. The current area, just north of a utility building, will extend around and to the south of the structure.
Guy Smith, chief of operations at Milwaukee County Parks, said fencing is just about complete and all that needs to be finished are the installation of concrete ramps and the spreading of wood chips to complete the landscaping.
The Currie Park Dog Exercise Area is a popular destination, Smith said.
"It has been well-received, and there has been a high demand," he said. "This is the reason why we have added the space."
On a weekday afternoon last week, dog owners Danielle Gibeault of Wauwatosa and Karen Flory of Milwaukee said they look forward to the expansion as long as their canines don't stray too far in the larger space.
Want us to track down a rumor? Fix a problem? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Ask NOW: Why is there always a police car on 68th near Bluemound?
- Ask NOW: Is the daycare at 73rd and Center going to reopen?
- Ask NOW: What constitutes a clear walkway?
- Ask NOW: Are repairs on tap for 60th Street?
- Ask NOW: Why isn't the wall at the Greenfield Ave. bridge finished?
- Ask NOW: Building once housed pediatric clinic, soon to be home to law firm
- Ask NOW: Why are there only turn lanes at Highway 100 and Potter Road/Research Drive?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a cul de sac at Capitol and Lisbon?
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Ask NOW: Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
- Ask NOW: What is the story behind vacant Colony Camera building in Wauwatosa?
- Ask NOW: Will 68th and Milwaukee ever get stoplights?
- Ask NOW: Should Tosans be concerned about coyotes?
- Ask NOW: Why is the main North Avenue entrance to Mayfair Mall closed?
- Ask NOW: Why did someone tear down a house near Wauwatosa East High School?
- Ask NOW: When will the house near 76th and Wright streets be completed?
- Ask NOW: How does the city decide which sidewalk squares to replace?