A pit stop to Pick 'n Save, 6950 W. State St., took a turn for the worse when a 39-year-old Milwaukee woman's date said he stole from the store as he was fleeing police in her vehicle.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The date started at 9:24 a.m. March 25 when the woman got a call from her boyfriend, whom she called Butch, saying that he needed a ride from a hospital. He had gotten into an argument with his ride, leaving him stranded.
She picked him up and they stopped by Pick 'n Save on the way home. The seemingly innocent trip took a suspicious turn when, after leaving her at the salad bar, Butch returned panicked and on the phone. He said he got an emergency call and they needed to leave right away.
She didn't know that security was on his heels for concealing two 1.75 liters of liquor in his jacket.
The man asked if he could drive her car when police entered the parking lot, sirens screaming. She thought nothing of it until Butch floored it, blowing through stop lights and hitting 50 MPH on State Street.
She screamed and told him to stop her car, prompting him to call her stupid, tell her to shut up and let her know that he stole from the store. Police ended the chase as the two went into oncoming traffic to pass cars and continued to run stop signs.
The man finally stopped her car close to the Miller Brewing Company and ran out without a word.
She went to the Wauwatosa police station the next day to tell her side of the story. When asked for a name and number, she said that he didn't give her much information due to him already having a girlfriend while they were dating.
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1