A manager at Denny's, 11155 W. North Ave., called police after noticing a woman asleep at the wheel of her car, which was stuck in a snowbank with its wheels spinning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 41-year-old St. Charles woman and driver of the snowbank-bound vehicle would not wake up for Denny's staff and was finally jolted out of her reverie by police after 20 minutes of work to wake her up at 10:27 p.m. March 7.
She looked confused, pushing buttons until she finally got the windows down so officers could unlock her door.
She told officers that they scared her. When they asked why she was asleep at the wheel in a snowbank with her tires spinning, she said she wasn't asleep in a snowbank with her tires spinning.
When asked if she was drinking that evening, she said she had one glass of wine at P.F. Chang's. After failing all her sobriety tests and blowing a 0.19 blood alcohol content, she changed her story to maybe two or three glasses of wine.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word