A homeowner in the 6600 block of West Center Street came home to a burglary, furniture destruction and an ominous letter at 12:13 a.m. Feb. 19.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The door's deadbolt was smashed off, a couch was sliced to ribbons, a television and wallet were missing and the stench of spilled bleach permeated the home. Damage is estimated at $2,100, loss at $930.
A note was left that made reference to a man the homeowner was seeing and alleging that the homeowner owed the writer $9,200.
The homeowner told police she believes the perpetratorto be her ex-boyfriend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man who hadshot at her a few days earlier.
Police found the man in his vehicle outside his home but when he saw them he sped off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word