A homeowner in the 6600 block of West Center Street came home to a burglary, furniture destruction and an ominous letter at 12:13 a.m. Feb. 19.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The door's deadbolt was smashed off, a couch was sliced to ribbons, a television and wallet were missing and the stench of spilled bleach permeated the home. Damage is estimated at $2,100, loss at $930.
A note was left that made reference to a man the homeowner was seeing and alleging that the homeowner owed the writer $9,200.
The homeowner told police she believes the perpetratorto be her ex-boyfriend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man who hadshot at her a few days earlier.
Police found the man in his vehicle outside his home but when he saw them he sped off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?