A homeowner in the 6600 block of West Center Street came home to a burglary, furniture destruction and an ominous letter at 12:13 a.m. Feb. 19.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The door's deadbolt was smashed off, a couch was sliced to ribbons, a television and wallet were missing and the stench of spilled bleach permeated the home. Damage is estimated at $2,100, loss at $930.
A note was left that made reference to a man the homeowner was seeing and alleging that the homeowner owed the writer $9,200.
The homeowner told police she believes the perpetratorto be her ex-boyfriend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man who hadshot at her a few days earlier.
Police found the man in his vehicle outside his home but when he saw them he sped off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3