Froedtert & The Medical College of Wisconsin has been named one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals for 2013 in an annual listing by Truven Health Analytics.
The hospital was cited as a major teaching hospital, along with 14 others.
"Our vision is to demonstrate superior value," said Cathy Jacobson, CEO of Froedtert Health, in a statement. "This award means we are demonstrating excellence across the organization, delivering top-notch patient outcomes, keeping costs down, following recommended processes and providing value to the community as a trusted care partner. This is recognition for the work our staff and Medical College of Wisconsin physician partners do every day."
The Truven Health rankings evaluate performance in 10 areas: mortality, medical complications, patient safety, average patient stay, expenses, profitability, patient satisfaction, adherence to clinical standards of care, post-discharge mortality, and readmission rates for heart attacks, heart failure and pneumonia.
Froedtert & The Medical College was the only hospital in southeastern Wisconsin to be ranked. Three others from the state also were listed: Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center, named in the medium-size category; and Ministry Saint Clare's Hospital, in Weston, and Sauk Prairie Memorial Hospital and Clinics, in Prairie du Sac, both named among small community hospitals.
"This year's winners have brought even higher value to their local communities - better quality, higher efficiency and high patient perceptions of care, while confronting the challenges of massive industry-wide transformation to implement healthcare reform," said Jean Chenoweth, senior vice president at Truven Health Analytics.
Dr. John R. Raymond Sr., president and CEO of the Medical College of Wisconsin, said: "Medical College of Wisconsin physicians are leading change in healthcare at a time when transformation is needed. Our strong partnership with Froedtert Hospital provides the right environment for innovation and integration of care, and while much work remains, this award confirms we are moving in the right direction."
The national rankings have been annually published for more than 20 years, most recently by Modern Healthcare. Nearly 3,000 hospitals were evaluated.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (2)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?