A burglary in the 1600 block of Mountain Avenue put an assault rifle and three pistols, one of which came equipped with a laser sight, on the streets.
According to the Wauwatosa Police Report:
The homeowner had stepped out to Popeye's on 76th and Capitol at 8 p.m. At 9 p.m. he found his house ransacked and called the police.
When police entered the home they saw a black shotgun, pistol holster sans pistol, multiple loaded magazines, an empty bottle of tequila and an older .22 caliber rifle laying around a table.
The homeowner assured them that his guns were normally left lying about but he suspected the tequila was imbibed by the burglars.
Police found 10 more guns and 1,000 rounds of ammunition in his attic.
While the man was calling police, his home alarm went off and he thought he heard someone leaving the house. The alarm went off again while police were in the house, but they attributed the noise to the door inadvertently opening on its own. Police didn't find footprints around the door.
Total loss is estimated at $2,500.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa pedestrian killed by train
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal
- What to expect on a Nov. 4 ballot in Wauwatosa