A burglary in the 1600 block of Mountain Avenue put an assault rifle and three pistols, one of which came equipped with a laser sight, on the streets.
According to the Wauwatosa Police Report:
The homeowner had stepped out to Popeye's on 76th and Capitol at 8 p.m. At 9 p.m. he found his house ransacked and called the police.
When police entered the home they saw a black shotgun, pistol holster sans pistol, multiple loaded magazines, an empty bottle of tequila and an older .22 caliber rifle laying around a table.
The homeowner assured them that his guns were normally left lying about but he suspected the tequila was imbibed by the burglars.
Police found 10 more guns and 1,000 rounds of ammunition in his attic.
While the man was calling police, his home alarm went off and he thought he heard someone leaving the house. The alarm went off again while police were in the house, but they attributed the noise to the door inadvertently opening on its own. Police didn't find footprints around the door.
Total loss is estimated at $2,500.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern