A couple coordinated a $359 clothing caper at Macy's, 2500 N. Mayfair Road, at 3:07 p.m. Feb. 21.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A man and woman entered the store, selected clothing including four children's shirts and two pairs of children's pants and put them in the woman's shopping bags.
The man distracted cashiers while the woman ran out of the store, setting off the alarm.
Both booked to the parking lot with the man yelling that he was the one who set off the alarms and stole the clothes. When guards weren't taking the bait, he yelled for the woman to "get in the (expletive) car!"
Fearing they had a fight on their hands, the security guards backed off. The two drove off but not before the guards wrote down their license plate number.
Police followed up on an address, but the suspect had moved the year before. They believe the man is a 45-year-old Milwaukee resident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors
- Memorial Day ceremony scheduled for Longfellow Middle School
- Ask NOW: When will the Menomonee River Parkway be repaved?
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?