A homeowner in the 6600 block of West Center Street came home to not only a burglary, but furniture destruction and an ominous letter at 12:13 a.m. Feb. 19.
According to the police report:
The home was a scene of destruction: the door's deadbolt was smashed off, a couch was sliced to ribbons, a television and wallet were missing and the stench of spilled bleach permeated the home. While a wallet was stolen with the television, the damage, estimated at $2,100, outweighed the loss of items, valued at $930.
In the middle of everything was a note that made reference to a man the homeowner was seeing and alleging that the homeowner owed the note writer $9,200.
The homeowner told police she believes the burglar/vandal to be her ex boyfriend, a 25-year-old Milwaukee man who shot at her a few days before the incident.
Police found the man in his vehicle outside his home but when he saw them he sped off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue