Camillus Court East, a senior retirement home at 10100 W. Bluemound Road, was evacuated at 7:53 a.m. Feb. 21 due to multiple bomb threats allegedly called in by a jilted lover.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The suspect, a 31-year-old Milwaukee man, allegedly called the retirement home multiple times saying that he left a bomb on the second floor men's bathroom. He also called and said he was the man who made the fake bomb threat. During another call he said that a female employee had urged him to make the threats. When pressed for a name, he didn't answer and said only that he hoped she got fired.
The employee in question, a 19-year-old woman, called the man after hearing about the threats and asked why he was doing it. "Are they scared now? I'm going to tell them you made the call," he allegedly said during their conversation.
The woman told police the man thought she owed him the $200 rent he paid before getting kicked out of her home for allegedly trying to burn her with an iron.
Police found and arrested the man a few hours after the call.
He admitted to making the bomb threats and said he was surprised the building was evacuated and bomb-sniffing dogs were brought in due to his fake threats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum