Baristas at Starbucks, 3900 N. 124th St., had a nasty surprise for the third time at 12:44 p.m. Feb. 13. A man had stolen their tip jar.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An anonymous customer told the manager that a man had just taken the tip jar and was running out the door.
While there was only $20 in the tip jar, the flustered manager wasn't about to let the man get away without a chase. He bolted down the road, pursuing him for a quarter-mile.
The chase ended at the 12100 block of West Capitol Drive, where the thief jumped into a waiting getaway car and flew down the road.
The vehicle is described as a gold-colored, mid-'90s station wagon with a rounded back end.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fire station site is prime land without a plan
- Tom Thaney enhanced Tose East theater department
- Flight for Life emergency pilots rely on instinct, experience
- Wauwatosa committee approves $80,000 for skate park
- Wauwatosa East students bid farewell to theater director
- Breitlow neighbors again criticize project at School Board meeting
- Wauwatosa School District proposes a 2.31 percent levy increase
- Wauwatosa School District seeks to block UWM charter school
- In Our Schools: June 11
- Hoyt Park beer garden in Wauwatosa likely to operate from 3 to 9 p.m., director says