A 36-year-old Oconomowoc man's sweet tooth for marijuana candy got him arrested on drug possession charges at 3:42 a.m. Feb. 9.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police found a disabled vehicle sitting unoccupied in the median of the 2500 block of North Mayfair Road. They eventually found the wandering owner of the vehicle and asked if he needed help.
He assented to the help and the officers' nose caught a whiff of marijuana before they entered his locked vehicle. Once inside, they saw a marijuana pipe and small bag of marijuana in a door compartment of the vehicle. The smell had gotten stronger as well.
They also found three large bags of red candies with a white powder covering them. They confronted the man about the sweets after finding he had a prior cocaine possession charge.
"I know what you're thinking and they aren't what you think they are," the man said.
He explained that they were harmless candies covered in THC, the psychoactive chemical found in marijuana. He also denied possession of the pipe and marijuana, saying that they belonged to either his friend or the stripper he had in his vehicle.
He also appeared to be drunk and, when questioned about it, he said his friend was driving his vehicle when it ran aground in the median but would not give information as to who his friend was or his whereabouts.
Police took the pipe, the three 20-gram bags of candies and the man down to the station. The candies tested positive for THC. The man was arrested on drug possession charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands