Wauwatosa City Hall voting location will change
Health Department renovation moves polling to library room
The voting location for the city of Wauwatosa's Wards 4 and 5 will change for the February primary and April general elections, City Clerk Carla Ledesma said.
The renovation of the Health Department space has forced health services to be moved to the lower auditorium, where voting typically occurs, Ledesma said.
Polling for the two elections will take place in the library's Firefly Room, on the first floor, at the east end of the building. The room is handicapped accessible, she noted.
Ward 4 - south of North Avenue, north of the Menomonee River and west of Church, 81st and 83rd Streets - has 2,600 registered voters, Ledesma said. Ward 5 - contained by the river, North Avenue on the north, Mayfair Road on the west and Watertown Plank Road on the south - has 1,650 registered voters.
The Feb. 19 primary ballot will have a Supreme Court race, with Ed Fallone and Vince Megna running against incumbent Pat Roggensack. It also will have three candidates running for Branch 45 Circuit Court judge: Gil Urfer, Janet Claire Protasiewicz, and incumbent Rebecca Bradley.
In the April 2 general election, the top-two finishers in the Supreme Court primary and the top-two Circuit Court finishers will face off. Also, Don Pridemore will be running against incumbent Tony Evers for the post of state superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?