While sitting down for dinner, residents in the 900 block of North 115th Street heard the telltale "click" of their breezeway door closing. Not expecting company, one of them went to the front door to find a crouched-down 14-year-old Milwaukee boy. Upon seeing the owners, the boy took off, running around the house and out of sight.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowners immediately called police, who combed the area looking for the boy. They found him riding a bike taken from a garage a few houses down.
They stopped him and asked him to empty his pockets. Batteries and another object fell out, but due to his actions, they thought that wasn't everything.
He was asked to let officers pat him down, which he flatly refused. Although the boy was 14, he was much larger than the officers and fought against their attempts to bring him down until he was struck three times in the hip.
Once down, officers found a fillet knife and a glass pipe on him.
The fillet knife came from the house he was riding his bike away from when police found him. The bike and batteries came from that house as well. The items stolen totaled $265.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue