While sitting down for dinner, residents in the 900 block of North 115th Street heard the telltale "click" of their breezeway door closing. Not expecting company, one of them went to the front door to find a crouched-down 14-year-old Milwaukee boy. Upon seeing the owners, the boy took off, running around the house and out of sight.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowners immediately called police, who combed the area looking for the boy. They found him riding a bike taken from a garage a few houses down.
They stopped him and asked him to empty his pockets. Batteries and another object fell out, but due to his actions, they thought that wasn't everything.
He was asked to let officers pat him down, which he flatly refused. Although the boy was 14, he was much larger than the officers and fought against their attempts to bring him down until he was struck three times in the hip.
Once down, officers found a fillet knife and a glass pipe on him.
The fillet knife came from the house he was riding his bike away from when police found him. The bike and batteries came from that house as well. The items stolen totaled $265.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue