While sitting down for dinner, residents in the 900 block of North 115th Street heard the telltale "click" of their breezeway door closing. Not expecting company, one of them went to the front door to find a crouched-down 14-year-old Milwaukee boy. Upon seeing the owners, the boy took off, running around the house and out of sight.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The homeowners immediately called police, who combed the area looking for the boy. They found him riding a bike taken from a garage a few houses down.
They stopped him and asked him to empty his pockets. Batteries and another object fell out, but due to his actions, they thought that wasn't everything.
He was asked to let officers pat him down, which he flatly refused. Although the boy was 14, he was much larger than the officers and fought against their attempts to bring him down until he was struck three times in the hip.
Once down, officers found a fillet knife and a glass pipe on him.
The fillet knife came from the house he was riding his bike away from when police found him. The bike and batteries came from that house as well. The items stolen totaled $265.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting