Benjamin Sebena, accused of killing his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty on Christmas Eve morning, entered a plea of not guilty at his arraignment Thursday.
Benjamin Sebena was wheeled into the courtroom, his feet and hands bound, his upper arms strapped to the wheelchair. He wore a sleeveless suicide prevention garment with velcro closures.
Defense attorney Michael Steinle said discovery materials from the prosecutor had just been handed to him Thursday morning, and he requested time to review them. Prosecutor Mark Williams said the materials were delayed as he had to work with multiple jurisdictions and the crime lab.
Judge David Borowski accepted Steinle's request and a court date for further proceeding was set for March 1, at 1:30 p.m.
The proceeding lasted just a few minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (5)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa