Benjamin Sebena, accused of killing his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty on Christmas Eve morning, entered a plea of not guilty at his arraignment Thursday.
Benjamin Sebena was wheeled into the courtroom, his feet and hands bound, his upper arms strapped to the wheelchair. He wore a sleeveless suicide prevention garment with velcro closures.
Defense attorney Michael Steinle said discovery materials from the prosecutor had just been handed to him Thursday morning, and he requested time to review them. Prosecutor Mark Williams said the materials were delayed as he had to work with multiple jurisdictions and the crime lab.
Judge David Borowski accepted Steinle's request and a court date for further proceeding was set for March 1, at 1:30 p.m.
The proceeding lasted just a few minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 3
- Hart Park gears up for a busy December
- Wauwatosa West student recognized for photography
- In Brief: Dec. 3
- Election 2016: Ballot roundup for Wauwatosa's spring elections
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Everything you need to know about the holiday train's Wauwatosa stop
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames