Benjamin Sebena, accused of killing his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty on Christmas Eve morning, entered a plea of not guilty at his arraignment Thursday.
Benjamin Sebena was wheeled into the courtroom, his feet and hands bound, his upper arms strapped to the wheelchair. He wore a sleeveless suicide prevention garment with velcro closures.
Defense attorney Michael Steinle said discovery materials from the prosecutor had just been handed to him Thursday morning, and he requested time to review them. Prosecutor Mark Williams said the materials were delayed as he had to work with multiple jurisdictions and the crime lab.
Judge David Borowski accepted Steinle's request and a court date for further proceeding was set for March 1, at 1:30 p.m.
The proceeding lasted just a few minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28