Benjamin Sebena, accused of killing his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty on Christmas Eve morning, entered a plea of not guilty at his arraignment Thursday.
Benjamin Sebena was wheeled into the courtroom, his feet and hands bound, his upper arms strapped to the wheelchair. He wore a sleeveless suicide prevention garment with velcro closures.
Defense attorney Michael Steinle said discovery materials from the prosecutor had just been handed to him Thursday morning, and he requested time to review them. Prosecutor Mark Williams said the materials were delayed as he had to work with multiple jurisdictions and the crime lab.
Judge David Borowski accepted Steinle's request and a court date for further proceeding was set for March 1, at 1:30 p.m.
The proceeding lasted just a few minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair