Benjamin Sebena, accused of killing his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty on Christmas Eve morning, entered a plea of not guilty at his arraignment Thursday.
Benjamin Sebena was wheeled into the courtroom, his feet and hands bound, his upper arms strapped to the wheelchair. He wore a sleeveless suicide prevention garment with velcro closures.
Defense attorney Michael Steinle said discovery materials from the prosecutor had just been handed to him Thursday morning, and he requested time to review them. Prosecutor Mark Williams said the materials were delayed as he had to work with multiple jurisdictions and the crime lab.
Judge David Borowski accepted Steinle's request and a court date for further proceeding was set for March 1, at 1:30 p.m.
The proceeding lasted just a few minutes.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23