Benjamin Sebena, accused of shooting his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty Christmas Eve, waived a preliminary hearing Thursday morning at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility in Milwaukee and was bound over for trial on Jan. 24.
Sebena was bound to a wheelchair and wore a Velcro coverall, and was represented by attorney Michael Steinle. Court Commissioner Barry Slagle asked Sebena if he understood the charges he faces and the waiver of the hearing, and he said he did. More than a dozen law enforcement personnel were in the courtroom, and the hearing took less than five minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?
- University Lab School may be stuck without a home