Benjamin Sebena, accused of shooting his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty Christmas Eve, waived a preliminary hearing Thursday morning at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility in Milwaukee and was bound over for trial on Jan. 24.
Sebena was bound to a wheelchair and wore a Velcro coverall, and was represented by attorney Michael Steinle. Court Commissioner Barry Slagle asked Sebena if he understood the charges he faces and the waiver of the hearing, and he said he did. More than a dozen law enforcement personnel were in the courtroom, and the hearing took less than five minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting