Benjamin Sebena, accused of shooting his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty Christmas Eve, waived a preliminary hearing Thursday morning at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility in Milwaukee and was bound over for trial on Jan. 24.
Sebena was bound to a wheelchair and wore a Velcro coverall, and was represented by attorney Michael Steinle. Court Commissioner Barry Slagle asked Sebena if he understood the charges he faces and the waiver of the hearing, and he said he did. More than a dozen law enforcement personnel were in the courtroom, and the hearing took less than five minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair