Benjamin Sebena, accused of shooting his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty Christmas Eve, waived a preliminary hearing Thursday morning at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility in Milwaukee and was bound over for trial on Jan. 24.
Sebena was bound to a wheelchair and wore a Velcro coverall, and was represented by attorney Michael Steinle. Court Commissioner Barry Slagle asked Sebena if he understood the charges he faces and the waiver of the hearing, and he said he did. More than a dozen law enforcement personnel were in the courtroom, and the hearing took less than five minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New Mayfair parking structure to open tonight
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal (1)
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands