Benjamin Sebena, accused of shooting his wife, Wauwatosa Police Officer Jennifer Sebena, while she was on duty Christmas Eve, waived a preliminary hearing Thursday morning at the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility in Milwaukee and was bound over for trial on Jan. 24.
Sebena was bound to a wheelchair and wore a Velcro coverall, and was represented by attorney Michael Steinle. Court Commissioner Barry Slagle asked Sebena if he understood the charges he faces and the waiver of the hearing, and he said he did. More than a dozen law enforcement personnel were in the courtroom, and the hearing took less than five minutes.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28