HSI Properties has begun construction on The Annex, a four-story extension of The Enclave apartment complex recently completed at 6005 Martin Drive at the corner of 60th Street next to Hawthorne Glen.
The Annex will be a freestanding, $5.5 million project consisting of 40 one-bedroom units. Ryan Schultz, a partner in HSI, said he anticipates an 8-month construction period, with occupancy by next summer.
Residents of The Annex will have use of the amenities at The Enclave, including the outdoor pool, green roof, party room and exercise facility, HSI said in a statement.
The Enclave was built for nearly $25 million and consists of 152 units. Rents at The Annex will be commensurate with those at The Enclave: about $1 per square foot, Schultz said.
The contractor of The Annex is Altius Construction and the architect is AG Architecture. HSI intends to maintain ownership of the property, the firm said.
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)