Police arrived at a Wauwatosa apartment to find a man and woman arguing about the man being too high to go to a court hearing about a drug-related offense. He was arrested shortly thereafter for possession of narcotics and bail jumping.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police found the 21-year-old Wauwatosa man bent over, pale and coping with what appeared to be an opiate-induced stupor. He was mumbling, apparently apologizing for being so high.
His grip on reality apparently tightened when police asked him if he had any drugs on him. He pulled a pill bottle out of his jacket and dashed to the bathroom.
To the officers, he seemed to be moving in slow motion. The officer simply walked up between him and the bathroom.
He tried to toss the bottle, which police were able to grab. It contained morphine pills, Xanax, an oxycodone pill and two unidentified white pills.
It was later discovered that he had been arrested the night before in Germantown for shoplifting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Oct. 8
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 27 - Oct. 3
- Bedbugs found in Wauwatosa juvenile court center
- Wauwatosa police to try out body cameras on motorcycle patrols
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Nordstrom Mayfair announces gala, late-night party fundraising events
- Block Legal Services opens in Wauwatosa
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events