A 65-year-old woman had a stroke while driving in the 10700 block of West North Avenue on Oct. 22, causing her car to crash into a fire hydrant, according to a Wauwatosa police report. She died while receiving medical attention shortly afterward.
Also in the report:
A man who was behind her in traffic found her inside the car, with the doors locked and engine revving. He called 911. The woman briefly regained consciousness, speaking with police officers, but she had no pulse when paramedics arrived.
She was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Speakeasy to replace One Way Cafe in Wauwatosa Village
- Business Spotlight: Empire Fish
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- No serious injuries reported in rollover crash on Highway 45 at Watertown Plank
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa's Barbara Mohr brings cartoon characters to life on Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa