A 65-year-old woman had a stroke while driving in the 10700 block of West North Avenue on Oct. 22, causing her car to crash into a fire hydrant, according to a Wauwatosa police report. She died while receiving medical attention shortly afterward.
Also in the report:
A man who was behind her in traffic found her inside the car, with the doors locked and engine revving. He called 911. The woman briefly regained consciousness, speaking with police officers, but she had no pulse when paramedics arrived.
She was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word