A 65-year-old woman had a stroke while driving in the 10700 block of West North Avenue on Oct. 22, causing her car to crash into a fire hydrant, according to a Wauwatosa police report. She died while receiving medical attention shortly afterward.
Also in the report:
A man who was behind her in traffic found her inside the car, with the doors locked and engine revving. He called 911. The woman briefly regained consciousness, speaking with police officers, but she had no pulse when paramedics arrived.
She was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25
- Correction: Volume of water possibly held by basins is 315 million gallons
- Cheveux brings fresh style to Wauwatosa's salon market
- Woman arrested in Wauwatosa for assault after allegedly punching a juvenile
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card