A 65-year-old woman had a stroke while driving in the 10700 block of West North Avenue on Oct. 22, causing her car to crash into a fire hydrant, according to a Wauwatosa police report. She died while receiving medical attention shortly afterward.
Also in the report:
A man who was behind her in traffic found her inside the car, with the doors locked and engine revving. He called 911. The woman briefly regained consciousness, speaking with police officers, but she had no pulse when paramedics arrived.
She was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Sheeley Service puts the zip in your beverage of choice
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 3
- Hart Park gears up for a busy December
- Wauwatosa West student recognized for photography
- In Brief: Dec. 3
- Election 2016: Ballot roundup for Wauwatosa's spring elections
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Everything you need to know about the holiday train's Wauwatosa stop
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3