A man who used Craigslist to help clean out his house before a remodel found himself missing a gas furnace in Wauwatosa last week.
According to the police report:
The gas furnace was taken from a residence in the 400 block of North 68th Street at 10:25 a.m. Oct. 25.
The victim was doing a total remodel of his home and invited people from Craigslist to take items from the house.
The man said not to take the new, high-efficiency gas furnace, valued at $300.
The man didn’t notice the furnace was taken at first due to the high number of people in the home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words