A Walgreens employee knew something was wrong when he heard the clinking noise of six bottles of champagne in a man's jacket.
From the Wauwatosa police report;
The employee of Walgreens, 6600 W. State St., saw the suspect walking down an aisle with his arms at the sides of his bulging jacket around 1:30 p.m. Oct. 13. The suspect was walking from a newly-empty champagne display case.
When the employee confronted the suspect about his suspicions, the suspect lost his cool demeanor and ran past the clerk to a waiting car.
The employee gave chase to the man, who warned him to stay away, saying that he had "something" for the employee in his car. When the suspect jumped in the car, a woman in the car shouted "go go go!"
Police are reviewing video surveillance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?