A Walgreens employee knew something was wrong when he heard the clinking noise of six bottles of champagne in a man's jacket.
From the Wauwatosa police report;
The employee of Walgreens, 6600 W. State St., saw the suspect walking down an aisle with his arms at the sides of his bulging jacket around 1:30 p.m. Oct. 13. The suspect was walking from a newly-empty champagne display case.
When the employee confronted the suspect about his suspicions, the suspect lost his cool demeanor and ran past the clerk to a waiting car.
The employee gave chase to the man, who warned him to stay away, saying that he had "something" for the employee in his car. When the suspect jumped in the car, a woman in the car shouted "go go go!"
Police are reviewing video surveillance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3