A Walgreens employee knew something was wrong when he heard the clinking noise of six bottles of champagne in a man's jacket.
From the Wauwatosa police report;
The employee of Walgreens, 6600 W. State St., saw the suspect walking down an aisle with his arms at the sides of his bulging jacket around 1:30 p.m. Oct. 13. The suspect was walking from a newly-empty champagne display case.
When the employee confronted the suspect about his suspicions, the suspect lost his cool demeanor and ran past the clerk to a waiting car.
The employee gave chase to the man, who warned him to stay away, saying that he had "something" for the employee in his car. When the suspect jumped in the car, a woman in the car shouted "go go go!"
Police are reviewing video surveillance.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety