A woman allegedly tried to escape her fifth drunken driving offense by driving drunkenly away from police.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 51-year-old Wauwatosa woman had purchased a bottle of wine at Pick 'n Save, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, dropped her bag, purchased lottery tickets and dropped her bag again about 8 p.m. Sept. 19. She fell in the parking lot before getting in her car. That's when Pick 'n Save employees called the cops.
Police pulled the woman over a few blocks away from Pick 'n Save.
The officer, noticing her slurred speech and the smell of liquor, asked her for her driver's license. She said she had forgotten it in her apartment. The officer asked her if it was in her purse, which was sitting on the passenger seat. That's when she put the car in gear and sped into a parking lot.
An assisting officer pulled her from the vehicle before she was able to leave the parking lot.
A search of the vehicle revealed that she did have her license with her. It had been revoked after her fourth drunken driving conviction.
She was arrested for drunken driving, fifth offense.
Her blood was drawn to determine her blood-alcohol content.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Oct. 8
- Nordstrom Mayfair announces gala, late-night party fundraising events
- Block Legal Services opens in Wauwatosa
- DA's office will not bring criminal charges against officers who shot and killed man with sword (1)
- Milwaukee suburbs trick-or-treat times 2015
- Mayfair mall, Susan G. Komen host series of breast cancer events
- Wauwatosa schools celebrate Walk to School Day on Oct. 7
- Wauwatosa Fire Department earns accreditation, and is now more data-driven than ever
- A tour of homes with a flavor of architecture and history
- Wauwatosa West High School homecoming is student-run this year