A woman allegedly tried to escape her fifth drunken driving offense by driving drunkenly away from police.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 51-year-old Wauwatosa woman had purchased a bottle of wine at Pick 'n Save, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, dropped her bag, purchased lottery tickets and dropped her bag again about 8 p.m. Sept. 19. She fell in the parking lot before getting in her car. That's when Pick 'n Save employees called the cops.
Police pulled the woman over a few blocks away from Pick 'n Save.
The officer, noticing her slurred speech and the smell of liquor, asked her for her driver's license. She said she had forgotten it in her apartment. The officer asked her if it was in her purse, which was sitting on the passenger seat. That's when she put the car in gear and sped into a parking lot.
An assisting officer pulled her from the vehicle before she was able to leave the parking lot.
A search of the vehicle revealed that she did have her license with her. It had been revoked after her fourth drunken driving conviction.
She was arrested for drunken driving, fifth offense.
Her blood was drawn to determine her blood-alcohol content.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Tips for finding the perfect bicycle
- Five biking routes to try in Wauwatosa and beyond this summer
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 19
- Campus News: May 19