A 16-year-old boy was robbed of his bike and $10 in cash by a man wearing a McDonald's uniform who claimed he had just lost his job.
According to police reports:
The boy was walking his bike down the 1400 block of North 68th Street in Wauwatosa at 4:45 p.m. Sept. 5 when the man tapped him on the shoulder and asked him for change. The man took a $10 bill from the boy's wallet when he opened it.
The man then then told the boy he was taking his bike, too. They wrestled for the bike until the man threatened that he was going to "pull something" on him, prompting the boy to end the struggle.
The suspect started biking away, but then turned around and apologized to the boy, telling him that he had just lost his job.
The bike is valued at $200.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa West student fights through cerebral palsy to earn black belt
- Local pets receive blessing at Tosa Methodist church
- City committee approves TIF terms for Mayfair Road apartments
- Innovation Campus in Wauwatosa draws interest from universities
- Phase 2 Skateshop opens on State Street in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why is toilet paper used in the repair of city streets?
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 2
- East Tosa BID plan rejected
- Man killed in rollover crash on Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2