A 16-year-old boy was robbed of his bike and $10 in cash by a man wearing a McDonald's uniform who claimed he had just lost his job.
According to police reports:
The boy was walking his bike down the 1400 block of North 68th Street in Wauwatosa at 4:45 p.m. Sept. 5 when the man tapped him on the shoulder and asked him for change. The man took a $10 bill from the boy's wallet when he opened it.
The man then then told the boy he was taking his bike, too. They wrestled for the bike until the man threatened that he was going to "pull something" on him, prompting the boy to end the struggle.
The suspect started biking away, but then turned around and apologized to the boy, telling him that he had just lost his job.
The bike is valued at $200.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?