A 16-year-old boy was robbed of his bike and $10 in cash by a man wearing a McDonald's uniform who claimed he had just lost his job.
According to police reports:
The boy was walking his bike down the 1400 block of North 68th Street in Wauwatosa at 4:45 p.m. Sept. 5 when the man tapped him on the shoulder and asked him for change. The man took a $10 bill from the boy's wallet when he opened it.
The man then then told the boy he was taking his bike, too. They wrestled for the bike until the man threatened that he was going to "pull something" on him, prompting the boy to end the struggle.
The suspect started biking away, but then turned around and apologized to the boy, telling him that he had just lost his job.
The bike is valued at $200.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94