A 16-year-old boy was robbed of his bike and $10 in cash by a man wearing a McDonald's uniform who claimed he had just lost his job.
According to police reports:
The boy was walking his bike down the 1400 block of North 68th Street in Wauwatosa at 4:45 p.m. Sept. 5 when the man tapped him on the shoulder and asked him for change. The man took a $10 bill from the boy's wallet when he opened it.
The man then then told the boy he was taking his bike, too. They wrestled for the bike until the man threatened that he was going to "pull something" on him, prompting the boy to end the struggle.
The suspect started biking away, but then turned around and apologized to the boy, telling him that he had just lost his job.
The bike is valued at $200.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23