A 16-year-old boy was robbed of his bike and $10 in cash by a man wearing a McDonald's uniform who claimed he had just lost his job.
According to police reports:
The boy was walking his bike down the 1400 block of North 68th Street in Wauwatosa at 4:45 p.m. Sept. 5 when the man tapped him on the shoulder and asked him for change. The man took a $10 bill from the boy's wallet when he opened it.
The man then then told the boy he was taking his bike, too. They wrestled for the bike until the man threatened that he was going to "pull something" on him, prompting the boy to end the struggle.
The suspect started biking away, but then turned around and apologized to the boy, telling him that he had just lost his job.
The bike is valued at $200.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event