A 16-year-old Milwaukee girl and a 20-year-old Milwaukee woman were arrested in a theft attempt that reportedly involved 42 pairs of underwear, clothes and accessories at the Wauwatosa Target on Aug. 29.
According to the police report:
The suspects, including one who had brought along her infant child, entered the store with two large bags and wandered around, stuffing items in them. The items - which included at least five pairs of bras, multiple pairs of panties, several bracelets and some clothing items - were valued at a total of $710.
One of the women put items into her bag in front of the loss prevention officer, who was later assisted by Wauwatosa police in detaining the suspects, who were arrested without incident.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa students get a taste of Germany through trip abroad