A dog jumped out of a vehicle and bit a woman in the Mayfair parking lot the afternoon of July 26.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A woman and her friends were walking through the lot toward Macy's when a dog jumped out of an open vehicle window and aggressively circled the group at 12:33 p.m. July 26. The dog growled, and bit the woman's arm. The women screamed, causing the dog to run off.
Someone grabbed the dog and put it back in the vehicle, but it wasn't apparent who handled the animal because the owner - a 45-year-old Milwaukee woman - didn't return to the vehicle until about 10 minutes after police arrived.
She said she just popped into Macy's for a few minutes. The 8-year-old dog's vaccines were up to date and the dog was friendly, the owner said. However, the dog did bite a person at a beach as a pup.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa students get a taste of Germany through trip abroad