A dog jumped out of a vehicle and bit a woman in the Mayfair parking lot the afternoon of July 26.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A woman and her friends were walking through the lot toward Macy's when a dog jumped out of an open vehicle window and aggressively circled the group at 12:33 p.m. July 26. The dog growled, and bit the woman's arm. The women screamed, causing the dog to run off.
Someone grabbed the dog and put it back in the vehicle, but it wasn't apparent who handled the animal because the owner - a 45-year-old Milwaukee woman - didn't return to the vehicle until about 10 minutes after police arrived.
She said she just popped into Macy's for a few minutes. The 8-year-old dog's vaccines were up to date and the dog was friendly, the owner said. However, the dog did bite a person at a beach as a pup.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington County ranks among healthier counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?