A dog jumped out of a vehicle and bit a woman in the Mayfair parking lot the afternoon of July 26.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A woman and her friends were walking through the lot toward Macy's when a dog jumped out of an open vehicle window and aggressively circled the group at 12:33 p.m. July 26. The dog growled, and bit the woman's arm. The women screamed, causing the dog to run off.
Someone grabbed the dog and put it back in the vehicle, but it wasn't apparent who handled the animal because the owner - a 45-year-old Milwaukee woman - didn't return to the vehicle until about 10 minutes after police arrived.
She said she just popped into Macy's for a few minutes. The 8-year-old dog's vaccines were up to date and the dog was friendly, the owner said. However, the dog did bite a person at a beach as a pup.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'