Two Milwaukee men shoplifted at a Walgreens in Wauwatosa, and were apprehended awhile later after they hit another of the drug store chain's locations in the city.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The men, ages 21 and 23, tried to return two fans without a receipt at Walgreens, 2656 Wauwatosa Ave., at 11:20 a.m. July 25. They left and returned, this time heading to the alcohol aisle.
One of the men brought alcohol to the checkout, prompting the clerk to ask for ID.
Meanwhile, the second man pushed a customer aside and got behind the counter, where he took three cartons of cigarettes.
They both grabbed their items and ran out without paying.
Awhile later, an officer was at the Walgreens at 66th and State streets and saw a vehicle that had front-end damage. The men were in the vehicle along with stolen items valued at $752. They were arrested for retail theft and possession of stolen property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School