Two Milwaukee men shoplifted at a Walgreens in Wauwatosa, and were apprehended awhile later after they hit another of the drug store chain's locations in the city.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The men, ages 21 and 23, tried to return two fans without a receipt at Walgreens, 2656 Wauwatosa Ave., at 11:20 a.m. July 25. They left and returned, this time heading to the alcohol aisle.
One of the men brought alcohol to the checkout, prompting the clerk to ask for ID.
Meanwhile, the second man pushed a customer aside and got behind the counter, where he took three cartons of cigarettes.
They both grabbed their items and ran out without paying.
Awhile later, an officer was at the Walgreens at 66th and State streets and saw a vehicle that had front-end damage. The men were in the vehicle along with stolen items valued at $752. They were arrested for retail theft and possession of stolen property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum