Two Milwaukee men shoplifted at a Walgreens in Wauwatosa, and were apprehended awhile later after they hit another of the drug store chain's locations in the city.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The men, ages 21 and 23, tried to return two fans without a receipt at Walgreens, 2656 Wauwatosa Ave., at 11:20 a.m. July 25. They left and returned, this time heading to the alcohol aisle.
One of the men brought alcohol to the checkout, prompting the clerk to ask for ID.
Meanwhile, the second man pushed a customer aside and got behind the counter, where he took three cartons of cigarettes.
They both grabbed their items and ran out without paying.
Awhile later, an officer was at the Walgreens at 66th and State streets and saw a vehicle that had front-end damage. The men were in the vehicle along with stolen items valued at $752. They were arrested for retail theft and possession of stolen property.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word
- Mayfair, Mayfair Collections in Wauwatosa seen as complements, not competitors
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Memorial Day ceremony scheduled for Longfellow Middle School
- Ask NOW: When will the Menomonee River Parkway be repaved?
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat