The BloodCenter of Wisconsin sees a slump in donations each summer. To pump up the supply, the Wauwatosa-based facility is offering a free ticket to Wisconsin State Fair to every person who donates blood now through Aug. 11.
In Wauwatosa, people can give blood at the donor center at 8733 Watertown Plank Road. Make an appointment by calling (877) 232-4376 and mention the word "summer" or enter summer in the comment box of the confirmation page when registering online at bcw.edu.
The BloodCenter must see at least 800 donors each day to meet the needs of the hospitals it serves. During the summer months, donations drop because of summer travel and fewer school and community blood drives.
Donors should bring a photo ID that includes their birth date to show donors are 17 or older, or 16 with parental permission.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31