The BloodCenter of Wisconsin sees a slump in donations each summer. To pump up the supply, the Wauwatosa-based facility is offering a free ticket to Wisconsin State Fair to every person who donates blood now through Aug. 11.
In Wauwatosa, people can give blood at the donor center at 8733 Watertown Plank Road. Make an appointment by calling (877) 232-4376 and mention the word "summer" or enter summer in the comment box of the confirmation page when registering online at bcw.edu.
The BloodCenter must see at least 800 donors each day to meet the needs of the hospitals it serves. During the summer months, donations drop because of summer travel and fewer school and community blood drives.
Donors should bring a photo ID that includes their birth date to show donors are 17 or older, or 16 with parental permission.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options