A 40-year-old Pewaukee man was arrested for battery after he slapped a woman in the parking lot of the Days Inn, 11811 W. Bluemound Road, at 12:54 a.m. Sunday.
He and his girlfriend, a 38-year-old Milwaukee woman, had checked out of the hotel and were getting into their separate cars.
A group of people were playing a bean bag game in the parking lot and blocking their cars. The girlfriend and a woman playing the game started exchanging words and the man jumped out of his car to defend his girlfriend.
He slapped the woman, and her father and husband came to her defense. A fight broke out and 911 was called.
As the girlfriend pulled away, she swerved her vehicle into a stack of tailgate supplies and ran them over. The girlfriend was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hazardous waste collection event sets Sept. 12 date
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (6)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3