A 40-year-old Pewaukee man was arrested for battery after he slapped a woman in the parking lot of the Days Inn, 11811 W. Bluemound Road, at 12:54 a.m. Sunday.
He and his girlfriend, a 38-year-old Milwaukee woman, had checked out of the hotel and were getting into their separate cars.
A group of people were playing a bean bag game in the parking lot and blocking their cars. The girlfriend and a woman playing the game started exchanging words and the man jumped out of his car to defend his girlfriend.
He slapped the woman, and her father and husband came to her defense. A fight broke out and 911 was called.
As the girlfriend pulled away, she swerved her vehicle into a stack of tailgate supplies and ran them over. The girlfriend was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue
- Therapy program's art gallery opening is this weekend
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Meet new Wauwatosa Now reporter Rachel Minske during live broadcast Friday
- TIF terms for State Street Station project in Wauwatosa wins city approval
- Skatepark in Wauwatosa wins bid approval after years of fundraising (3)
- The Landing at Hoyt Park has become destination for local musicians
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 12-18 (1)