A 40-year-old Pewaukee man was arrested for battery after he slapped a woman in the parking lot of the Days Inn, 11811 W. Bluemound Road, at 12:54 a.m. Sunday.
He and his girlfriend, a 38-year-old Milwaukee woman, had checked out of the hotel and were getting into their separate cars.
A group of people were playing a bean bag game in the parking lot and blocking their cars. The girlfriend and a woman playing the game started exchanging words and the man jumped out of his car to defend his girlfriend.
He slapped the woman, and her father and husband came to her defense. A fight broke out and 911 was called.
As the girlfriend pulled away, she swerved her vehicle into a stack of tailgate supplies and ran them over. The girlfriend was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School