A 40-year-old Pewaukee man was arrested for battery after he slapped a woman in the parking lot of the Days Inn, 11811 W. Bluemound Road, at 12:54 a.m. Sunday.
He and his girlfriend, a 38-year-old Milwaukee woman, had checked out of the hotel and were getting into their separate cars.
A group of people were playing a bean bag game in the parking lot and blocking their cars. The girlfriend and a woman playing the game started exchanging words and the man jumped out of his car to defend his girlfriend.
He slapped the woman, and her father and husband came to her defense. A fight broke out and 911 was called.
As the girlfriend pulled away, she swerved her vehicle into a stack of tailgate supplies and ran them over. The girlfriend was arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?