A man was left with a hefty bill after he partied with a prostitute at a Wauwatosa hotel earlier this month, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also from the report:
The man had met up with a woman, who was an acquaintance of his brother, and a man she said was her brother on June 3 because they were known to have drug connections that would supply crack cocaine.
After doing drugs and drinking liquor, the man decided they needed a place to continue the party and sleep it off. He was intoxicated when they checked into Extended Stay America, 11121 W. North Ave., at 9:30 p.m. June 3. The woman signed for two rooms, which were charged to his credit card.
The next morning the man woke up feeling hung over, but the woman refused to turn in the room key until he took her and her brother shopping to pay them back for the crack.
He couldn't recall all of the stops they made, but at some point they made purchases at Bayshore Town Center, a Walmart in Milwaukee and Best Buy in Wauwatosa. He handed over the credit card while he stayed in the car nursing his hang over.
Eventually, they parted ways. But he learned that she had continued staying at the hotel, charging room extensions to his credit card until June 16. Hotel staff called police when a television was found missing from the room.
The man had possession of his credit card. He wasn't aware of continuing charges until police called. He checked his balance and saw it had climbed to $8,000.
Police performed a search of the phone numbers the man had for the woman and her brother. It brought up a prostitution website, and the hotel clerk recognized one of the women as the person who had been staying at the hotel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Nov. 27, 2014
- Public Forum: State Street Station plan is too large for site
- Public Forum: School district steps up on west side sidewalks
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 27
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Arte Wine & Painting Studio
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom