A drunken driver trying to pull into his driveway struck his Wauwatosa house Sunday morning, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also in the report:
A passerby noticed the man slumped behind the wheel in the 2100 block of North 60th Street at 2:47 a.m. Sunday.
When she circled back, she saw the vehicle drift across the center line, roll up over the curb, cross the lawn and enter a driveway at 60th and Lloyd streets. The car struck the corner of the house, stopped briefly, then pulled forward into the driveway.
When officers arrived, the man was asleep at the wheel but the engine was running and the brake lights were on. As they tried to wake him, he took his foot off the gas and the vehicle started rolling forward. Officers were able to stop the car and take the keys from the ignition.
The vehicle's bumper cracked, and there was paint transfer from the house, which had some minor siding damage.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.33.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs
- Relay for Life of Wauwatosa happening Friday
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'