A drunken driver trying to pull into his driveway struck his Wauwatosa house Sunday morning, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also in the report:
A passerby noticed the man slumped behind the wheel in the 2100 block of North 60th Street at 2:47 a.m. Sunday.
When she circled back, she saw the vehicle drift across the center line, roll up over the curb, cross the lawn and enter a driveway at 60th and Lloyd streets. The car struck the corner of the house, stopped briefly, then pulled forward into the driveway.
When officers arrived, the man was asleep at the wheel but the engine was running and the brake lights were on. As they tried to wake him, he took his foot off the gas and the vehicle started rolling forward. Officers were able to stop the car and take the keys from the ignition.
The vehicle's bumper cracked, and there was paint transfer from the house, which had some minor siding damage.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.33.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23