A drunken driver trying to pull into his driveway struck his Wauwatosa house Sunday morning, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also in the report:
A passerby noticed the man slumped behind the wheel in the 2100 block of North 60th Street at 2:47 a.m. Sunday.
When she circled back, she saw the vehicle drift across the center line, roll up over the curb, cross the lawn and enter a driveway at 60th and Lloyd streets. The car struck the corner of the house, stopped briefly, then pulled forward into the driveway.
When officers arrived, the man was asleep at the wheel but the engine was running and the brake lights were on. As they tried to wake him, he took his foot off the gas and the vehicle started rolling forward. Officers were able to stop the car and take the keys from the ignition.
The vehicle's bumper cracked, and there was paint transfer from the house, which had some minor siding damage.
His blood-alcohol content was 0.33.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building