A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for strong armed robbery after he took a skateboarder's wallet at Hoyt Park on June 13 afternoon.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
An 18-year-old man was riding his skateboard on the trail from the pool, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 2:16 p.m. As he approached the footbridge he saw five males riding bicycles toward him.
One of the five, the 16-year-old, asked him for change for a $5 bill. He pulled out his wallet and only had $4. The boy grabbed the $4 and pulled the wallet. When the man pulled his wallet back the teen punched him twice in the jaw and ran.
The group of boys were stopped by police at North and Wauwatosa avenues, but the 16-year-old, who has a record of 13 prior juvenile arrests and a case waived to adult court, and a 17-year-old, who was wanted by Milwaukee police for burglary, took off. They were caught minutes later at 61st and Lloyd streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25
- Correction: Volume of water possibly held by basins is 315 million gallons
- Cheveux brings fresh style to Wauwatosa's salon market
- Woman arrested in Wauwatosa for assault after allegedly punching a juvenile
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card