A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for strong armed robbery after he took a skateboarder's wallet at Hoyt Park on June 13 afternoon.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
An 18-year-old man was riding his skateboard on the trail from the pool, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 2:16 p.m. As he approached the footbridge he saw five males riding bicycles toward him.
One of the five, the 16-year-old, asked him for change for a $5 bill. He pulled out his wallet and only had $4. The boy grabbed the $4 and pulled the wallet. When the man pulled his wallet back the teen punched him twice in the jaw and ran.
The group of boys were stopped by police at North and Wauwatosa avenues, but the 16-year-old, who has a record of 13 prior juvenile arrests and a case waived to adult court, and a 17-year-old, who was wanted by Milwaukee police for burglary, took off. They were caught minutes later at 61st and Lloyd streets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances
- News and Notes: July 24, 2014 issue
- In brief: July 24, 2014
- Numbers peak for Wauwatosa summer school enrollment, programs