A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for strong armed robbery after he took a skateboarder's wallet at Hoyt Park on June 13 afternoon.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
An 18-year-old man was riding his skateboard on the trail from the pool, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 2:16 p.m. As he approached the footbridge he saw five males riding bicycles toward him.
One of the five, the 16-year-old, asked him for change for a $5 bill. He pulled out his wallet and only had $4. The boy grabbed the $4 and pulled the wallet. When the man pulled his wallet back the teen punched him twice in the jaw and ran.
The group of boys were stopped by police at North and Wauwatosa avenues, but the 16-year-old, who has a record of 13 prior juvenile arrests and a case waived to adult court, and a 17-year-old, who was wanted by Milwaukee police for burglary, took off. They were caught minutes later at 61st and Lloyd streets.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (7)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes