A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for strong armed robbery after he took a skateboarder's wallet at Hoyt Park on June 13 afternoon.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
An 18-year-old man was riding his skateboard on the trail from the pool, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 2:16 p.m. As he approached the footbridge he saw five males riding bicycles toward him.
One of the five, the 16-year-old, asked him for change for a $5 bill. He pulled out his wallet and only had $4. The boy grabbed the $4 and pulled the wallet. When the man pulled his wallet back the teen punched him twice in the jaw and ran.
The group of boys were stopped by police at North and Wauwatosa avenues, but the 16-year-old, who has a record of 13 prior juvenile arrests and a case waived to adult court, and a 17-year-old, who was wanted by Milwaukee police for burglary, took off. They were caught minutes later at 61st and Lloyd streets.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Furniture retailer IKEA reportedly eyeing site in Oak Creek
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning