Wisconsin's first Walmart Neighborhood Market will open June 20 in Wauwatosa, company officials say.
The grocery store and pharmacy - a new, smaller retail concept than the traditional Walmart - occupies space at 124th Street and Capitol Drive formerly used by Jewel-Osco.
The 38,000-square-foot Wauwatosa store will feature a self-serve deli, traditional grocery items and popular local products such as bratwurst and Italian sausage products from Klement's. Beer and wine also will be sold.
Customers can buy gift cards, gift wrap and party supplies at the Celebration Station. Shoppers will also find stations to print their own digital photos.
The pharmacy will offer a drive-thru.
Inside the store, people can buy an array of health and beauty products.
The store will provide 80 full- and part-time jobs, according to Walmart officials.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony will be held at 7:30 a.m., during which the company will hand out $6,000 in grants to local community groups.
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28