A man who allegedly crashed his car while driving drunk and then fled was apprehended by Wauwatosa police after returning to pick up his iPad.
According to the police report:
A 39-year-old New Berlin man was arrested for drunken driving, hit-and-run and resisting arrest after he struck a parked car and crashed into a front yard in the 8100 block of West Wisconsin Avenue at 5:53 p.m. May 23.
He took off running, then returned briefly to grab his iPad before running off again. He was stopped in the 8000 block of Portland Avenue with cuts on his face.
When the patrol car pulled up, he ran into a wooded area of Honey Creek Parkway. The police dog located him.
He refused a breath test, so blood was drawn to determine his alcohol content.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'