A man who allegedly crashed his car while driving drunk and then fled was apprehended by Wauwatosa police after returning to pick up his iPad.
According to the police report:
A 39-year-old New Berlin man was arrested for drunken driving, hit-and-run and resisting arrest after he struck a parked car and crashed into a front yard in the 8100 block of West Wisconsin Avenue at 5:53 p.m. May 23.
He took off running, then returned briefly to grab his iPad before running off again. He was stopped in the 8000 block of Portland Avenue with cuts on his face.
When the patrol car pulled up, he ran into a wooded area of Honey Creek Parkway. The police dog located him.
He refused a breath test, so blood was drawn to determine his alcohol content.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills