A man who allegedly crashed his car while driving drunk and then fled was apprehended by Wauwatosa police after returning to pick up his iPad.
According to the police report:
A 39-year-old New Berlin man was arrested for drunken driving, hit-and-run and resisting arrest after he struck a parked car and crashed into a front yard in the 8100 block of West Wisconsin Avenue at 5:53 p.m. May 23.
He took off running, then returned briefly to grab his iPad before running off again. He was stopped in the 8000 block of Portland Avenue with cuts on his face.
When the patrol car pulled up, he ran into a wooded area of Honey Creek Parkway. The police dog located him.
He refused a breath test, so blood was drawn to determine his alcohol content.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23