A man who allegedly crashed his car while driving drunk and then fled was apprehended by Wauwatosa police after returning to pick up his iPad.
According to the police report:
A 39-year-old New Berlin man was arrested for drunken driving, hit-and-run and resisting arrest after he struck a parked car and crashed into a front yard in the 8100 block of West Wisconsin Avenue at 5:53 p.m. May 23.
He took off running, then returned briefly to grab his iPad before running off again. He was stopped in the 8000 block of Portland Avenue with cuts on his face.
When the patrol car pulled up, he ran into a wooded area of Honey Creek Parkway. The police dog located him.
He refused a breath test, so blood was drawn to determine his alcohol content.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000