A man who allegedly crashed his car while driving drunk and then fled was apprehended by Wauwatosa police after returning to pick up his iPad.
According to the police report:
A 39-year-old New Berlin man was arrested for drunken driving, hit-and-run and resisting arrest after he struck a parked car and crashed into a front yard in the 8100 block of West Wisconsin Avenue at 5:53 p.m. May 23.
He took off running, then returned briefly to grab his iPad before running off again. He was stopped in the 8000 block of Portland Avenue with cuts on his face.
When the patrol car pulled up, he ran into a wooded area of Honey Creek Parkway. The police dog located him.
He refused a breath test, so blood was drawn to determine his alcohol content.
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30