A man who claimed to be fixing a leaky roof stole jewelry worth more than $6,000 from a Wauwatosa home last week.
According to the police report:
The man came to the home in the 500 block of North 65th Street at 2:17 p.m. May 7. He said a neighbor sent him to fix the leaky roof of the resident's garage.
He walked right in and spent 15 minutes bringing buckets of water in and out of the house before the homeowner called a neighbor.
The man had left, taking items from a bedroom valued at $6,100, before the neighbor arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 23-29
- 10 Days in Tosa offers map to participating restaurants
- Large Wauwatosa oak tree cut down after storm damage
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas (1)
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?