A man who claimed to be fixing a leaky roof stole jewelry worth more than $6,000 from a Wauwatosa home last week.
According to the police report:
The man came to the home in the 500 block of North 65th Street at 2:17 p.m. May 7. He said a neighbor sent him to fix the leaky roof of the resident's garage.
He walked right in and spent 15 minutes bringing buckets of water in and out of the house before the homeowner called a neighbor.
The man had left, taking items from a bedroom valued at $6,100, before the neighbor arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director