A man who claimed to be fixing a leaky roof stole jewelry worth more than $6,000 from a Wauwatosa home last week.
According to the police report:
The man came to the home in the 500 block of North 65th Street at 2:17 p.m. May 7. He said a neighbor sent him to fix the leaky roof of the resident's garage.
He walked right in and spent 15 minutes bringing buckets of water in and out of the house before the homeowner called a neighbor.
The man had left, taking items from a bedroom valued at $6,100, before the neighbor arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa