A man who claimed to be fixing a leaky roof stole jewelry worth more than $6,000 from a Wauwatosa home last week.
According to the police report:
The man came to the home in the 500 block of North 65th Street at 2:17 p.m. May 7. He said a neighbor sent him to fix the leaky roof of the resident's garage.
He walked right in and spent 15 minutes bringing buckets of water in and out of the house before the homeowner called a neighbor.
The man had left, taking items from a bedroom valued at $6,100, before the neighbor arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94