A man who claimed to be fixing a leaky roof stole jewelry worth more than $6,000 from a Wauwatosa home last week.
According to the police report:
The man came to the home in the 500 block of North 65th Street at 2:17 p.m. May 7. He said a neighbor sent him to fix the leaky roof of the resident's garage.
He walked right in and spent 15 minutes bringing buckets of water in and out of the house before the homeowner called a neighbor.
The man had left, taking items from a bedroom valued at $6,100, before the neighbor arrived.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: July 31
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty
- Residents invited to help design Wauwatosa skatepark
- Accordionist wows folk dancing club with range of international music
- Business Notes: July 31
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014