Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
New garbage carts won't need strap to keep raccoons at bay
Issue: A reader wants to know if the new garbage cans will have a strap on the cover to keep raccoons out and if the lid will need to be unsecured in order for the trucks to pick them up.
Status: Mike Kreiter, operations superintendent in the Wauwatosa Department of Public Works, explained that the new carts will be sturdier than the recycling carts.
Each lid has a half-inch lip that comes over the body of the cart, making it fit snuggly. There is only a 4-inch spot in the front of the cart that allows the lid to be lifted. This should be sufficient to keep rodents out.
Distribution of the new carts will begin in a few weeks.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?
- Ask NOW: What is the sign in the median at 124th and Burleigh?
- Ask NOW: What does the historical society do with donated items?
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Ask NOW: Why is there always a police car on 68th near Bluemound?
- Ask NOW: Is the daycare at 73rd and Center going to reopen?
- Ask NOW: What constitutes a clear walkway?
- Ask NOW: Are repairs on tap for 60th Street?
- Ask NOW: Why isn't the wall at the Greenfield Ave. bridge finished?
- Ask NOW: Building once housed pediatric clinic, soon to be home to law firm
- Ask NOW: Why are there only turn lanes at Highway 100 and Potter Road/Research Drive?
- Ask NOW: Why is there a cul de sac at Capitol and Lisbon?
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Ask NOW: Will The Container Store be part of Mayfair Collection?
- Ask NOW: What is the story behind vacant Colony Camera building in Wauwatosa?
- Ask NOW: Will 68th and Milwaukee ever get stoplights?