Is there a rumor you've heard that you would like to track down? Is there something in the community that needs to get fixed? Mary Malahy explains some of the mysteries of life in the Tosa area.
New garbage carts won't need strap to keep raccoons at bay
Issue: A reader wants to know if the new garbage cans will have a strap on the cover to keep raccoons out and if the lid will need to be unsecured in order for the trucks to pick them up.
Status: Mike Kreiter, operations superintendent in the Wauwatosa Department of Public Works, explained that the new carts will be sturdier than the recycling carts.
Each lid has a half-inch lip that comes over the body of the cart, making it fit snuggly. There is only a 4-inch spot in the front of the cart that allows the lid to be lifted. This should be sufficient to keep rodents out.
Distribution of the new carts will begin in a few weeks.
Wauwatosa NOW .com
Want us to track down a rumor?
Fix a problem? Send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
WauwatosaNOW.com/Ask to post a question or see some answers.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Will "The 2100?" ever be built?
- Ask Now: July 3
- Ask Now: Will Wauwatosa develop more recreational land at Hart Park and along the Menomonee River?
- Ask Now: How will Mayfair accommodate parking with its expansion?
- Ask Now: What types of apartments are under construction on River's Bend Lane in Wauwatosa?
- Ask Now: Why the no-right-turn sign on 103rd Street across from San Camillo?
- Ask NOW: Are local LED lights in signs regulated?
- Ask NOW: Why aren't there turn signals at intersection of Wauwatosa and Milwaukee?
- Ask NOW: Will the abandoned car lots on Burleigh and 112th be developed?
- Ask NOW: When will the Hoyt Park beer garden open?
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?
- Ask NOW: Why do the schools have to rent Hart Park facilities?
- Ask NOW: What is happening at boarded up home?
- Ask NOW: What is the sign in the median at 124th and Burleigh?
- Ask NOW: What does the historical society do with donated items?
- Ask NOW: Do Tosa students spend more days in school than required?
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Ask NOW: Why is there always a police car on 68th near Bluemound?
- Ask NOW: Is the daycare at 73rd and Center going to reopen?
- Ask NOW: What constitutes a clear walkway?