The home at 2409 N. 63rd St. suffered severe smoke damage after a basement fire Saturday evening.
According to a statement released by Fire Chief Rob Ugaste:
The home's owner was home alone at the time of the fire and was able to get out of the house before fire crews arrived.
Firefighters encountered heavy smoke when the entered the home, and smoke could be seen coming from the second-story windows. However, they were able to contain the fire to the basement.
The home owner was taken to Froedert Hospital for evaluation.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, and no loss estimate has yet been released.
The Fire Department was alerted to the fire by a neighbor who saw smoke coming from the home.
- Prison for Waukesha man who groped teenage girl, then threatened her
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication