The home at 2409 N. 63rd St. suffered severe smoke damage after a basement fire Saturday evening.
According to a statement released by Fire Chief Rob Ugaste:
The home's owner was home alone at the time of the fire and was able to get out of the house before fire crews arrived.
Firefighters encountered heavy smoke when the entered the home, and smoke could be seen coming from the second-story windows. However, they were able to contain the fire to the basement.
The home owner was taken to Froedert Hospital for evaluation.
The cause of the fire is under investigation, and no loss estimate has yet been released.
The Fire Department was alerted to the fire by a neighbor who saw smoke coming from the home.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building