Two men wanted for an armed robbery in Greenfield were nabbed driving through Wauwatosa last week.
According to police reports:
A Greenfield officer pulled over a vehicle that was riding on two flat tires at 9:49 p.m. Feb. 29. The driver, a 21-year-old Milwaukee man, had a red, swollen eye and said he had been robbed at gunpoint earlier that evening in an alley in the 3800 block of West Howard Avenue.
He had gone to his friend's home in that neighborhood to deliver drugs - Percocet pills and marijuana - to friends, a 22-year-old Greenfield man and a 23-year-old Milwaukee man. They all got into the victim's vehicle at which point the older man put a gun to his head and ordering him into the back of the vehicle. During the drive, the vehicle owner was struck with a pistol. Eventually, they ended up at the older man's Hawley Road home in Milwaukee and the victim was released.
He said he was driving erratically because he was so shaken and blew out the tires on a curb.
Meanwhile, the two friends borrowed the older man's mother's car and went into Wauwatosa to find a Redbox video rental machine. They were spotted in the 2300 block of Wauwatosa Avenue at 11:45 p.m. An officer called for help as he prepared for a high-risk traffic stop.
Meanwhile, the passenger, a 22-year-old Greenfield man, exited the vehicle and took off running. A Greenfield officer who had arrived at the scene with his police dog started to track the man. The driver, a 23-year-old Milwaukee man, was arrested at the scene.
Police soon received a call from Metcalfe's Market, 6700 W. State St., reporting a soaking wet man at the grocery store's front door. It was the suspect, who was shaking. He had been hiding out in the nearby creek and was showing signs of hypothermia, so he was taken to Froedtert Hospital.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting