Repaving work will begin on Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa from Walnut Road to Burleigh Street early next week.
The $6.9 million road improvement project will be performed by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
In addition to repaving, left-turn lane bays will be extended, dangerous median openings will be eliminated and the southbound lanes will be lowered under the Highway 45 overpass to provide larger clearance for high vehicles.
Mayfair Road will remain open to traffic during construction with temporary lane shifts and changes to how businesses, driveways and cross-streets are accessed. Crews will work overnight to avoid major traffic disruptions.
Work is expected to be finished by fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)