Repaving work will begin on Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa from Walnut Road to Burleigh Street early next week.
The $6.9 million road improvement project will be performed by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
In addition to repaving, left-turn lane bays will be extended, dangerous median openings will be eliminated and the southbound lanes will be lowered under the Highway 45 overpass to provide larger clearance for high vehicles.
Mayfair Road will remain open to traffic during construction with temporary lane shifts and changes to how businesses, driveways and cross-streets are accessed. Crews will work overnight to avoid major traffic disruptions.
Work is expected to be finished by fall.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?