Repaving work will begin on Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa from Walnut Road to Burleigh Street early next week.
The $6.9 million road improvement project will be performed by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
In addition to repaving, left-turn lane bays will be extended, dangerous median openings will be eliminated and the southbound lanes will be lowered under the Highway 45 overpass to provide larger clearance for high vehicles.
Mayfair Road will remain open to traffic during construction with temporary lane shifts and changes to how businesses, driveways and cross-streets are accessed. Crews will work overnight to avoid major traffic disruptions.
Work is expected to be finished by fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop