Repaving work will begin on Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa from Walnut Road to Burleigh Street early next week.
The $6.9 million road improvement project will be performed by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
In addition to repaving, left-turn lane bays will be extended, dangerous median openings will be eliminated and the southbound lanes will be lowered under the Highway 45 overpass to provide larger clearance for high vehicles.
Mayfair Road will remain open to traffic during construction with temporary lane shifts and changes to how businesses, driveways and cross-streets are accessed. Crews will work overnight to avoid major traffic disruptions.
Work is expected to be finished by fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (4)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa