Repaving work will begin on Mayfair Road in Wauwatosa from Walnut Road to Burleigh Street early next week.
The $6.9 million road improvement project will be performed by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
In addition to repaving, left-turn lane bays will be extended, dangerous median openings will be eliminated and the southbound lanes will be lowered under the Highway 45 overpass to provide larger clearance for high vehicles.
Mayfair Road will remain open to traffic during construction with temporary lane shifts and changes to how businesses, driveways and cross-streets are accessed. Crews will work overnight to avoid major traffic disruptions.
Work is expected to be finished by fall.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school