A Tosa teen was beat up during an attempting robbery last week, but the attackers left empty-handed.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 17-year-old boy was walking across the football field at Longfellow Middle School, 7600 W. North Ave., at 9:30 p.m. Jan. 4, when two males approached him from behind.
One said, "Hey man, we want your stuff." But the boy said he had nothing of value on him. To that, the second person said, "Man, you don't want this to get serious."
The boy said he felt threatened so he punched the first guy in the face, but the second one tackled him to the ground and started punching him. The other attacker joined in, punching and kicking the boy.
He estimated the beating lasted two to three minutes before the attackers ran off. The boy walked home and called police. His eyes and nose were swollen and bruised.
He described his attackers as black teens. The first was about 19, 6 feet tall and 180 pounds with black Afro-style hair. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and black gym shorts with white and red stripes on both sides. The second about 17 or 18, about 5 feet, 10 inches tall and 130 to 140 pounds with short black hair. He wore an orange hooded sweatshirt with green cuffs, green sweatpants, white shoes and eyeglasses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School